The Church Portal allows access to COTC’s online only directory, helps to keep contact information up-to-date, and also allows users to access and print their giving history at COTC. It is a helpful tool, and is made better by everyone who signs up and starts using it. Follow the instructions below to create an account.
Instructions to set up a new Church Portal Account:
- Click here to make a new account.
- After clicking the link above, you will be prompted to enter your first and last name, a login email address, and a password. Please note: the login email you enter will be associated with your individual account. Family members cannot provide the same email address for login, however, when you create your profile you have the option to enter a shared email account that is distinct from your login.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided as your login.
- Click the link contained in the confirmation email.
- When prompted, provide your date of birth to confirm that you are old enough to create an account and then complete your profile. Anyone 13 years and older can sign up for the directory, however parents have the ability to modify their children’s profile and privacy settings. Click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page when you are finished with your profile.
- After having clicked SAVE CHANGES, now click on PRIVACY SETTINGS. In privacy settings, you can manage who will see different levels of information. The privacy categories are:
- EVERYONE: all members and regular attenders of Church of the Cross who have opted into the directory. Please note: the contact information you provide for the directory will never be viewed by anyone who is not also signed up for this directory, and thus not a part of COTC. It is not accessible by just anyone on the internet.
- GROUP LEADERS and GROUP MEMBERS: think of these respectively as ministry team leaders and fellow ministry team members.
- CHURCH STAFF: Pastoral staff and administrative support staff.
- If visible, click on the checkbox which reads “INCLUDE ME IN THE CHURCH DIRECTORY.” This box will be visible if the information in your profile matches the information in our existing records. If not, the directory administrator will be identifying new and/or duplicate entries in our administrative software and then confirming access manually. Once your profile is confirmed (either automatically or manually) you are able to opt into the directory. When you are satisfied with the adjustments to privacy settings, click SAVE PRIVACY SETTINGS.
- Mission accomplished! If your profile has been automatically confirmed in our administrative database you will have immediate access to the directory. If not, you should have access to the directory within one to two business days. If, after two business days you do not have access, please contact Peter Berg (email@example.com).