The Hopkins Acts Group exists to honor Christ by loving our neighbors and serving the common good in Hopkins. We are very thankful for the community where God has placed Church of the Cross and we work together to develop practical ways we can be a blessing to this community.
Some of the ways we have served our community include:
- Holding a service day to benefit neighbors who needed assistance with household tasks.
- Organizing an ice cream social with a bouncy house and other family activities for the neighborhood.
- Creating a welcoming place in front of our church for trick or treaters on Halloween night with hot cider, hot dogs, s’mores, a campfire, and, of course, candy.
- Meeting with community leaders to learn more about current needs and opportunities for partnership.
- Sponsoring prayer walks through the neighborhood, asking for God’s blessing upon the people here.
The Hopkins Acts group is currently developing a plan to use money raised from the recent Church of the Cross generosity initiative to help with a specific community need in Hopkins. Our goal is to partner with others who know Hopkins well to develop a strategy for using these funds in a way that will bring positive change and encouragement.
If you’re interested in getting involved in any of these ways, please contact us by email or by calling the church office at 952-933-3686.